Ampe Behaviour Support service can work with the individual, their family and supports to develop positive and practical strategies.
We will provide an assessment to help us to understand what the person is communicating through their behaviour.
Families and carers may also need education and training around how to implement the recommended behaviour support strategies. Our team can help make sure everyone understands the plan and that the plan is effective.
Ampe Services Positive Behaviour Support Service is a dedicated support service for individuals who have a disability/non disability to help them and their significant others develop and implement positive behaviour support strategies with the goal of reducing behaviours of concern.
This service includes the development of plans, strategies and mentoring to reduce challenging behaviours
This may involve:
- Reviewing relevant reports or other information
- Conversations with the person and their family or networks
- Observing the person in their home, school, place of work, or community.
Depending on the needs of the individual, we may develop both a Positive Behaviour Support Plan, and a Skill development Plan which look at:
- How to best support the person
- How to lessen the need for the person to engage in behaviours of concern
- Ways to respond safely if the person does use those behaviours.
- Any skills the person may need to learn to replace the need for the person to use any behaviours of concern
Need help with the NDIS?
At AMPE SERVICES, we are always willing to help customers.