Psychological assessment for the purpose of diagnostic purposes, additional academic or vocational interventions and/or developmental concerns.
- Diagnostic purposes – to assess cognitive and functional abilities/difficulties. These can also be used to access additional Government funding through NDIS
- Academic and Vocational interventions – Assessment to provide additional input to assess Developmental concerns noted in a child such as struggling in learning or memorising to focus and concentrate.
Provision of information and education about the person’s referral problems assessment, recommendations and strategies.
Social Skills Training
Individual programs that target areas of difficulties related to the development and use of social skills. The program is based on an individual assessment conducted through observations and interviews across various settings.
Group social skills training is also another option available to facilitate the practice of these skills in a small group. Sessions are facilitated in a structured program lead by an experienced Psychologist.
Social problems can include:
- friendship difficulties
- communication skills deficits
- Playing and cooperating struggles
Individual and group supervision of Intern Psychologist to meet Australian Psychological Board and AHPRA registration.
Provision of consulting services to organisations based on the organisation’s needs.
Provision of individual behaviour support services, mentoring and coaching of staff.
Provision of clinical supervision of behaviour support practitioners to meet NDIS guidelines
Workshops and Training
Our psychologists are available to provide professional training for various events or workshops. We provide professional training for schools, childcare centres, group homes and other organisations.
We also offer workshops for parents on various issues around child development and parenting.
Some of the areas that can be delivered include:
- Mental health diagnosis
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Intellectual Disability
- Behaviour Support
- Conducting a comprehensive Behaviour Assessment across multiple environments and covering multiple life domains
- Developing individual and specific strategies into a Behaviour Support Plan , Training of carers to implement, provide monitor and review of strategies